Thursday, January 31, 2013

Breath of Spring Hat

This hat matches the Breath of Spring Scarf.  The pattern is very easy and quick to work up.  This pattern is for Toddler size, Toddler-age 3.  I will be working *at least* a child size hat in this style. I can't wait to get some pictures of my daughter in one of these hats!  
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet Breath of Spring hat pattern
Breath of Spring Hat
I also have the adult pattern available HERE!
You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

What you will need:
K hook
Worsted weight yarn
Scissors
Yarn needle



Abbreviations:
ch-chain
st/st's-stitch/stitches
hdc-half double crochet
sc/-single crochet
sp/sp's-space/spaces
sl st-slip stitch

Starting with magic circle
Round 1: ch 1, 10 hdc into circle.  Join with first hdc
Round 2: ch 1, 2 hdc in each st around.  Join with first hdc.
Round 3: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next st*.  Repeat around.  Join with first hdc.
Round 4:  ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 2 st’s*.  Repeat around.  Join with first hdc.
Round 5: ch 1, * 2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 3 st’s*.  Repeat around.  Join with first hdc
Round 6: ch 3, skip next 2 st’s, sc into 3rd st, *ch 2, skip next 2 st’s, sc into 3rd st*.  Repeat around until you have 1 st remaining.    Ch 2, join with sl st to 1st ch of beginning ch 3.  (You should have 17 ch 2 sp’s)
Round 7-16:  sl st into first ch 3 sp, *ch 2, sc into next ch 2 sp*.  Repeat around.  After sc’ing in the last ch 2 sp, ch 2 and join with sl st to first ch of beginning ch 3.  (17 ch 2 sp’s)
Fasten off and weave in ends.

10 comments:

  1. You've done it again!..I love it of course!
    Permission to "Pin"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I adapt this for grown-woman size? LOVE the scarf, and it would be fun to make a set. :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! To make an adult size, you would just need to to an additional round (or two) of increases. I will work on an adult pattern this week!

      Delete
    2. The adult pattern has been published!

      Delete
  3. COULD YOU POST OR EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE THE ADULT HAT VRSION YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO THANKS PATRICIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten to the adult version just yet. I had orders come in that needed to be filled and I now have a few things that I am working on. The adult version IS on my project list. I will certainly email you when I post it, if you would like. I will need you email address, though. You can email me at
      SwirlsandSprinkles@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. I know it took some time, but the adult hat pattern has been published!

      Delete