Thursday, November 15, 2012

Snowflake 2

I received a lot great feedback about my Quick and Easy Snowflake!  (Thank you!  It means a lot to me, to receive feedback!)  I didn't realize that there are so many more people, like me, who hate working with thread.  I was asked by a few people if I was going to write up any more patterns for snowflakes.  The answer, YES!
Again, this one is not blocked yet.  Have I mentioned that I hate blocking?  Perhaps I will get around to it, perhaps not.  One of the great things about using yarn instead of thread, is that it will hold its shape a lot better, without being blocked.  ;)
Here is my second snowflake pattern.  (hopefully a lot more to come!)  This one works up just as quickly as the first one. 

Swirls and Sprinkles: Easy and free crochet snowflake pattern
Snowflake 2
 You may not change or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.


Snowflake 2

F hook
Worsted weight yarn
Scissors
Yarn needle


Special Stitch:
Picot: ch 3, sc into first ch.

Abbreviations:
Ch- chain
Sc- single crochet

Ch 4, join with first ch to form loop
Round 1: ch 1, *sc into loop, ch 3* Repeat 5 more times, joining with the 1st sc after the last ch 3.  (6 loops)

Round 2:  sc into first loop, ch 6, sc into same loop, *sc into next loop, ch 6, sc into same loop* Repeat 4 more times.  Join with a sl st into first sc.  (6 loops)

Round 3: 3 sc into first loop, picot, 3 sc, *ch 1, 3 sc into next loop, picot, 3 sc* Repeat 4 more times.

9 comments:

  1. thanks for these small quick snowflakes. I make larger, more complex snowflakes but yours will be a nice quick snowflake to put on a package, put at the bottom of a trio os snowflakes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is meant by picot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make the picot, ch 3 and sl st into the first chain made.

      Delete
  3. I, too, hate working with thread, not so much because it is so thin, but because I have to use a magnifying glass to see it while I'm working with it and I'd much rather use the larger hooks or at least those aluminum rather than the steel ones. Blocking is not my "thing" either. I like to buy the yarn that blocks itself when you wash it. Makes things a whole lot easier that way.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blocking just feels so tedious to me. What kind of yarn do you use, that blocks itself? I don't know that I am familiar with it.

      Delete
  4. Sooooo easy and Beautiul! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. :) You are very welcome!

      Delete
  5. Made one of these using sport weight yarn and E hook. Perfect size for use decorating the wine bags I have been making. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete