Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New free crochet pattern. Soap Saver

                                         Soap Saver Pattern
Swirls and Sprinkles: Easy crochet soap saver pattern

This is a pattern for a soap saver.  My kids LOVE theirs.  Not only do they keep the soap from slipping out of your hand, but the texture helps scrub all the dirt off.  The pattern works up very quickly.  I hope you like it!!

This is a free pattern for anybody to use.  You may not copy and sell the pattern, but you may do what you wish with the finished product.  I only ask that if you sell the Soap Saver that you give credit and provide a link to my blog.


What your will need:
G hook
Worsted cotton yarn


Abbreviations:
Sc - single crochet
Ch - chain
Sl st - slip stitch
St - stitch
Hdc - half double crochet
Blo - back loop only

Ch 8

Round 1: Sc in second ch from hook.  1 sc in each ch across, 3 sc in last ch.
Working on opposite side of ch, sc in each ch across, 2 sc in last ch.  Join with first sc.  16 sc

Round 2: Ch 1 working in blo for this round, sc in each sc around.  Join with first sc.  16 sc

Round 3: Ch 3 and hdc in same sp.  -first v stitch made-  (Skip 1 sc, hcd, ch1, hdc in next sc) repeat around and join in second ch of first v stitch.  8 v st’s

Round 4- 11:  Sl st into ch1 space, hdc, and into the first space between v’s.  ch 3 and hdc in same sp.  (skip first v stitch, hdc, ch1, hdc in space between v’s.)  Repeat around.  Join in second ch of first v stitch.   8 v st’s

Round 12: Sl st into v-st space.  Ch 1, sc in same space.  Sc in each v stitch and each space between v stitches.  16 sc
Finish off and weave in ends.

For drawstring:
Ch 40.  Finish off.
Weave chain around last row of v-st and tie ends together.

10 comments:

  1. I was wondering what other gift that I could give after I have given so much crochet items to my children and for my Grandchildren after they are passed the hats, slippers, gloves and afghans and much more crochet gifts they have received for college. Now this awesome 60 minute soap saver gives me much more I can give even to my great- nieces and nephews also away at college. I have enough time for all their stocking stuffers....Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is a v stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this instance, it is a hdc, CH 1, hdc in one space with a SK 1 sc before and after the stitch. See round 3 in the instructions.

      Delete
  3. At the end of each round's instruction there is a number of stitches listed. [Rnd 1 -16 sc; Rnd 2-16sc; Rnd 3- 8 v sts...]. I am getting more stitches than those numbers. How are are you joining in those rounds - I used a slip stitch. and perhaps didn't get the right stitch initially in Rnd 1 when you said "Sc in second ch from hook." I'm going to keep trying till I get this. Thanks for the pattern and your help. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am getting more then 8 v's in round 3 not understanding what is in ( ) instructions can you help me? My husband just fractured his pelvis and can't put weight on leg for 2 months BUT keeps dropping the soap when taking tub bath on bench, this is great to resolve the issue and less expensive than soap on a rope from the store. Can't wait to share with his OT Nurse today. Thanks, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this one, Hubby likes its a scrubby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does "working on opposite side of chain" mean? I SO want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had one of these as a kid. I made them for my kids. Lost the pattern and now I can make them for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you use acrylic yarn or is cotton yarn a "must"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use acrylic, if wanted. I think cotton would probably be better, but not a "must". :)

      Delete