Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Airy Breath of Spring Scarf



 I bought some yarn, not knowing what I was going to make with it.  I just loved the color.  The yarn is Hobby Lobby's "I love this yarn" in the color Peacock.  I don't think the photos do this color justice.  It is probably my new favorite color.
With no real plan in mind, I just picked up my hook and started playing around.  I ended up with this scarf.  I think it is perfect for Spring. 


I used about half the skein for the scarf.  I think I will be making a matching hat, tonight.  :)
The toddler hat is finished!  You can check it out HERE!
The adult hat pattern can be found HERE!
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet Breath of Spring Scarf pattern
Breath of Spring Scarf
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

What you will need:
K hook
Worsted weight yarn
Scissors
Yarn needle

Abbreviations:
ch-chain
sc-single crochet
sp-space



Ch 17
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 2, skip 2 ch’s, sc in 3rd ch*, repeat across.  Turn
Row 2: ch 2, sc in first ch 2 sp, *ch 2 sc in next ch 2 sp* Repeat 3 more times.  Ch 2, sc in the first ch from the previous row.  Turn
Repeat row 2 until your scarf measures the length you want.  I usually make my scarves approx 60 inches long.  60-70 inches seems to be about the average length.  
Fasten off and weave in ends.

I chose not to add tassels or anything to the ends of the scarf.  (my daughter doesn't usually like them)  I think they would look really cute, though!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this cute scarf pattern. I like that you start with working the scarf width instead of the scarf length. This allows you to adjust length to your liking (infinity length and longer). Plus you don't have to make a couple of hundred chains first. I will be making one of these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so much prefer working a scarf with the width for all the reasons you mentioned.
      I'm so glad you will be making this scarf. I think you will really like it. It works up so easily. :)

      Delete
  2. Just made this scarf and it's a breeze to work up. As a beginner, really appreciate that!! Thanks for the pattern. I will have to make more than one in different colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment. It is always so nice to hear when someone enjoys one of my patterns. :) Happy Crocheting!!

      Delete