Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ribbed Beanie

I have been busy with my hook, these last few days.  It really feels good to be getting some work done!  This hat was fun to make and turned out really nice.  I only wish my daughter would have stayed still long enough for me to snap a picture.  :)



Swirls and Sprinkles: Free ribbed beanie crochet pattern
Child sized ribbed beanie
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

Ribbed Beanie.  Size Child 3-10

What you will need:
I hook
Worsted Weight yarn
Scissors
Yarn needle



Abbreviations:
ch-chain
dc-double crochet
fpdc-front post double crochet
sc-single crochet
st/st's-stitch/stitches

Round 1:  Starting with magic circle, ch 2, 10 dc into ring.  Join with first dc.  (10dc)

Round 2: ch 2, 1 dc into first st, fpdc around the post of the same st.  (dc into next stitch, fpdc around the post of the same st.) Repeat around.  Join with first dc.  (20 st’s)

Round 3: ch 2, (2 dc into first st, fpdc around next fpdc.) Repeat around.  Join with first dc.  (30 st’s)

Round 4: ch 2, (2 dc into first st, 1 dc into next st, fpdc around next fpdc.)  Repeat around.  Join with first dc.  (40 st’s)

Round 5: ch 2, (2 dc into first st, 1 dc into next 2 st’s, fpdc around next fpdc.)  Repeat around.  Join with first dc  (50 st’s)

Round 6-14  : ch 2, (1 dc into next 4 dc’s, fpdc around next fpdc.)  Repeat around.  Join with first dc.  (50 st’s)

Round 15: ch 1, 1 sc in each st around.  Join with first sc.  (50 st’s)
Fasten off and weave in ends.

3 comments:

  1. cute, LOVE the color,what color is that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to find the skein. Turns out it is Bernat Premium, Aqua.

      Delete
  2. GREAT! thank you :)

    Blessings,Renee

    ReplyDelete