Monday, January 14, 2013

Valentine Envelope

Each year I give my kids a little something for Valentine's Day.  This year I decided to crochet them a little envelope to hold their goodies.  Why buy a small gift bag when I can give them something handmade?!  How cute is this?!
Swirls and Sprinkles:  Free crochet Valentine's Day envelope pattern
Valentine's Day Envelope
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet Valentine's Day envelope pattern
Valentine's Day Envelope
You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

 Valentine Envelope
What you will need:
H hook
Worsted weight yarn
Yarn needle
Scissors
1 button, velcro, or other fastener of choice



 Abbreviations:
Ch-chain
hdc-half double crochet
st/st's/st'ed-stitch/stitches/stitched

Ch 25
Row 1: hdc into 2nd ch from hook and every ch aross.  (24 hdc)
Row 2-19 or until your piece is square: ch 1, hdc in each st across (24 hdc)

If you are going to fasten your envelope with a button, chain long enough to make a loop the right size for your button and sl st into the last hdc made.

Turn your piece a quarter turn (if you made a loop, be sure that your loop is at the top)

The side that you whip stitch will be the INSIDE of the envelope.
Fold the bottom corner and the side corners into the center of the square.  Line them up equally and begin whip stitching the edges together.  I started at the bottom right corner, st’ed to the where the bottom and right point meet in the center.  I then worked the left side from the center to the bottom left corner.

Fasten off and weave in ends.


Turn your envelope right side out.

If you are fastening with a button, fold the top flap down to determine where to sew your button on.

If you chose not to use a button, you can use a small piece of velcro to fasten your envelope.

9 comments:

  1. Oh i did these before, but never thought about putting candy in them :)
    love yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, I just added them to the directory at cochetatplay.com

    We're over 22,000 free pattern links and counting!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan!
      I love your pattern directory. I point people in your direction every chance I get. :)

      Delete
  4. I have a ton of rough wool yarn and I have ben looking for some projects. This looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy working them up. They work up quickly. :)

      Delete
  5. I just saw this pattern and am going to start it right now! Thanks for posting this great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete