Friday, January 25, 2013

Facial Cleansing Pads Pattern

Finally, a little something for myself.  I don't know about you, but most of everything I crochet is for someone else.  This is one of those patterns that just kind of...happened.  I was actually making something else (similar), but got distracted (kids).  When I came back to my work I realized I could use what I had already made, for myself.  (make one get one free?)  Go me!
These little pads measure approx 4 inches across and work up in about 10 minutes.  I am already thinking ahead to Christmas.  Wouldn't these make great stocking stuffers?!  They would be great in a little care package for someone, too.  Maybe a "pamper yourself" package.  Hey, that gives me a few ideas!......
Ok to the pattern...
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet facial cleansing pad pattern
Crochet Cleansing Pad
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

Facial Cleansing Pad
What you will need:
G hook
Worsted cotton yarn.  I used Sugar and Cream
Scissors
Yarn needle
Stitch marker  (you can use a scrap piece of yarn, or if you are good at keeping your count, not use one at all)


Abbreviations
ch-chain
St/st’s-stitch/stitches
Hdc-half double crochet

Start with Magic circle.  (or you can ch 2 and work in the second ch from the hook)

Round 1: ch 1, 10 hdc into circle.  Join with first hdc.  (10hdc)
***You will be working in the 3rd loop of each stitch for the rest of the rounds.
The third loop is located just behind the second loop of the stitch.***
Round 2: ch 1, 2 hdc in each st around.  Do not join your rounds from here on out.  (20 hdc)
Round 3: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next st*.  Repeat around.  (30 hdc)
Round 4: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 2 st’s*.  Repeat around.  (40 hdc)

To finish: Sc into next 2 st’s, sl st into next 2 st's.  Fasten off.
Pull your magic circle closed and secure it. 
Weave in ends.

7 comments:

  1. This looks great, but how do you print this page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no problem printing ~ just right clicked on pattern and clicked on print. Printer screen came up and I told it to print. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'm a lot older than most of you but in my teens and 20's we made these only we used tulle and netting instead of cotton. My method is a bit more "scrubby" and the net ones can be used in the kitchen!! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the tulle style! I have made a few, but I'm not happy with the pattern just yet. It needs to be tweeked. :)

      Delete
  4. Since these are so simple, wouldn't it be nice to make up a bunch and send to our troops overseas. I bet there are some ladies that would love them

    ReplyDelete