Monday, January 28, 2013

Round Dishcloth/Washcloth Pattern

So, this is what I was in the process of making when I made the Face cleansing pads.  I was going for a dishcloth.  I love the texture on this dish cloth, it makes some of the scrubbing easier!
When I finished the first one, my daughter asked to use the new "washcloth" in her bath.  Huh, what do you know, 2 projects in one!  I am going to make some cute girly colored ones for her and some more boyish colors for my son.
The finished size is approx 7 inches.  You can easily make this as large as you would like.  Just keep increasing the number of stitches (by 1) between your increases, for each additional row.
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free round crochet dishcloth/washcloth pattern.
Round dishcloth
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.


Round Dishcloth/washcloth

What you will need:
G hook
Worsted cotton yarn.  I used Sugar and Cream
Scissors
Yarn needle
Stitch marker  (you can use a scrap piece of yarn, or if you are good at keeping your count, not use one at all)


Abbreviations
ch-chain
St/st’s-stitch/stitches
Hdc-half double crochet

For rounds 2-? Place your stitch marker in the first stitch of each round.  (I left a long tail from my magic circle and placed that in my first stitch of each round)


Start with Magic circle.  (or you can ch 2 and work in the second ch from the hook)

Round 1: ch 1, 10 hdc into circle.  Join with first hdc.  (10hdc)
You will be working in the 3rd loop of each stitch for the rest of the rounds.
The third loop is located just behind the second loop of the stitch.
Round 2: ch 1, 2 hdc in each st around.  Do not join your rounds from here on out.  (20 hdc)
Round 3: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next st*.  Repeat around.  (30 hdc)
Round 4: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 2 st’s*.  Repeat around.  (40 hdc)
Round 5: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 3 st’s*.  Repeat around.  (50 hdc)
Round 6: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 4 st’s*.  Repeat around.  (60 hdc)
Round 7: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 5 st’s*.  Repeat around.  (70 hdc)
Round 8: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 6 st’s*.  Repeat around.  (80 hdc)
Round 9: ch 1, *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next 7 st’s*.  Repeat around.  (90 hdc)

To finish: 1 sc into next 2 st’s, 1 sl st into next 2 st‘s.  Fasten off.
Pull your magic circle closed and secure it. 
Weave in ends.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Maybe you could add a little loop at the end to hang it off a tap or bathroom caddy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..I like this. Reminds me of a Zen Garden :)

    ReplyDelete