Friday, February 1, 2013

Granny Squares

I have an idea of something to make using granny squares, so I sat down and came up with this easy granny square pattern.  While these squares may not be good for what I had in mind, I still really liked them.  I had fun figuring it out and hope you like it, too.  They would make a great throw/blanket. 
I made the granny squares using 2 colors.  I made one in Peacock and white, and one in Peacock and black.
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet granny square pattern
Granny Squares
Here is a bit of a closer look:
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free crochet granny square pattern
Granny Square
 You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

What you will need:
I hook
Worsted weight yarn in 2 colors
Scissors
Yarn needle


Abbreviations:
CC-contrasting color (in this case white or black)
MC- Main color (in this case peacock)
Ch-chain
Sc-single crochet
Dc-double crochet
Sp-space

With cc (white)
Ch 5, join with sl st to first ch to form a circle. 
Round 1: ch 1, 16 sc into circle.  Join with first sc.  Fasten off
Join mc (peacock)
Round 2: ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in next sc, ch 1, 1 dc in next 2 sc’s, *ch 2, 1 dc in next 2 sc’s, ch 1, 1 dc in next 2 sc’s*.  Repeat 2 more times.  Ch 2 and join in top of ch 3.
Fasten off
Join cc in any ch 2 space.
Round 3:  [ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc] all in first ch 2 sp. *Ch 1, 1 dc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, [3dc, ch2, 3dc] in next ch 2 sp.* Repeat twice.  Ch 1, dc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, join in top of beginning ch 3.
Fasten off
Join mc in any ch 2 space
Round 4:  [ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc] all in first ch 2 sp.  *ch 1, 2 dc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1, 2 dc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1, [3dc, ch2, 3dc] in next ch 2 sp.*  Repeat twice.  Ch 1, 2 dc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1, 2 dc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1 join with sl st to top of ch 3.
Fasten off and weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment