Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fun new hat!

It is not very often that I will buy a crochet pattern, but when I can't get something out of my mind for a couple of days I tend to cave.  This is one of those times.  A few days ago I saw a fb post for a really fun looking hat.  I tried to talk myself out of buying the pattern, I really did, but when I saw that there was a sale on the pattern I couldn't stop myself!  How can you pass up a sale?!
This is what I spent most of yesterday working on.
Swirls and Sprinkles: Fun crochet hat Pattern by Hooked in Yarn
New hat.  Pattern by: Hooked in Yarn
Yep.  3 hats in one day.  It's not often that I am given that kind of time by my kids, but when I told them they could have what I was working on they were a bit more patient with me.  These are great in team colors!  (that is my orange and blue OKC Thunder hat.  THUNDER UP!)  I love the striped affect in the hat.  How pretty would this be in pink and purple?!  My daughter would LOVE that. 
These hats have a fun little surprise.  They have a great reverse pattern.  This is the hat inside out:
Swirls and Sprinkles: Crochet hat in reverse.  Pattern by: Hooked in Yarn
Reverse side
How fun is that?!  2 very unique looks in one hat.  It's not very often that the inside of a hat looks as good as the inside.
The solid color hat is just as fantastic!  It has a wonderful texture.  I find the texture very fun.  So much more interesting that the typical HDC or DC that is usually seen.  I love that it's not just ribbed, but an actual texture throughout the hat.
Swirls and Sprinkles: Solid color crochet hat.  Great texture.  Pattern by Hooked in Yarn
Solid color. 
All in all, I am VERY happy that I broke down and paid for a pattern.  I think this is the best buy that I have had in a long time.  I now have my eyes on another hat pattern of hers AND she has another item coming out in THIS pattern.  I can't wait to see it!!!

1 comment: