Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Shell Headband

As promised, I finished the pattern last night.  I really like this headband.  It turned out super cute.  I will be working on a teen/adult pattern, soon.  Enjoy!

Swirls and Sprinkles: Croceht shell headband pattern
Shell Headband.  Child size.
You may not change or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

 What you will need:
G hook
Worsted weight yarn.  I used "I love this yarn"
2 Buttons
Scissors
Yarn Needle


Abbrviations:
Ch- chain
Sc- single crochet
Dc- double crochet

Special Stitches
Shell=5 dc
Half shell = 3dc
Ch 3 counts as dc


Chain 60
Row 1:  Right side.  Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *skip 2 ch, shell in next ch, skip 2 ch, sc in next ch*.   Repeat to last 3 ch.  Shell in 3rd ch from end, skip 1 ch, sc in last ch.
Finish off and change color.

Row 2: Wrong side.  Join second color to the last sc of first row.  Ch 3, 2 dc in sc of last row -counts as half shell.  *Skip 2 dc from last row and sc in 3rd dc of shell.  Shell in sc of last row.*  Repeat to last shell.  Sc in top of last shell from row 1, half shell in last sc from last row.
Finish off and change color.

Row 3: Join new color to the 3rd dc of last row.  Ch 1, sc in same stitch.  *Skip 2 dc and sc in top of shell from previous, shell in sc from last row.*  Repeat to last shell.  Shell in top of sc from last row, sc in top of 3rd dc from previous row.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until headband is desired width.

For child size I did a total of 7 rows.

Finishing:
You will be working on the edge of the headband with right side facing.
Join color ch 1, sc evenly along edge.  Fasten off.
Repeat for second side.

With right side facing, Sew 2 buttons on edge of headband near rows 2 and 6.

Weave in ends.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever add the instructions for teen/adult size? I don't see them and I would like to make one for my daughter! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this will be my next project after coffee cozy :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete