Monday, September 10, 2012

Free Adult Crochet Pumpkin Hat Pattern

              ADULT Crochet Pumpkin Hat Pattern
Swirls and Sprinkles: Free adult crochet pumpkin hat
The adult hat is identical to this, only bigger.  (of course)
Ask and ye shall receive!
Last week I had a blog visitor ask me if I had an adult size pattern for my Pumpkin hat.  For some reason I hadn't thought of writing one.  I am so glad that it was asked!  Over the weekend I sat down and wrote up the pattern.  I hope you like it!  Now my daughter and I will have matching hats for the Pumpkin Farm in October!  She is just tickled pink that I have the same hat as she does.  :)


You may not change or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

What you will need:
I hook
Worsted weight yarn.  I used “I love this yarn” in burnt orange and green
Scissors
Yarn needle


Abbreviations:
Ch-Chain
BLO-Back loop only
HK-Hook
ST-Stitch
Sl St- Slip stitch
Hdc- Half double crochet
Sc- Single crochet
Sc Dec- Single crochet decrease
WS- Wrong side
RS- Right side

Special notes:
Ch 2 does not count as a st.
After row 1 you will be working in the BLO

This hat will fit a teen-adult. 
You can adjust the pattern to fit any size by simply adding or subtracting some
Ch’s to/from your chain and rows.

Using Orange: Ch 42

Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hk and every ch across.  (40)  (RS of
Work)

Row2-42: Ch 2, Hdc in each st across.  (40)
DO NOT FASTEN OFF
You should have the WS facing you after you have finished row 42.  If not, simply add one more row.
With WS facing out, fold the hat in half and Sl St the last row and foundation row together.
Fasten off.

For the top of the hat:
Turn the hat RS out.
Using GREEN, attach to the top side of your hat (I used the side with the tail)
Round 1: Ch 1, evenly Sc around the top of the hat.  Join with first Sc.
Round 2: Ch 1, Sc Dec all the way around.  Join with first Sc.
Continue round 2 until you have about 6 sc left.
Once you have about 6 sc left, sc in each st around until you have the stem your desired length.  (My stem is between 2 and 3 inches long)
Fasten off

For vine (optional):
Using green
Ch 40
Starting in 3rd ch from hk, 3 hdc in each ch across.
Fasten off leaving a long tail
Using tail attach vine next to the stem.
Weave in all ends.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. What size crochet hook was used for this adult hat pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hook size used in the pattern is "I". My "I" hook is 5.50 mm. Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, i love the stem :)
    she is adorable in the hat :)

    ReplyDelete