Friday, September 13, 2013

Winter Hand Muff

This crochet pattern was fun to come up with.  I had the yarn before I had the idea for the pattern.  The yarn felt so soft and squishy and I kept playing with the skein.....It dawned on me.  HAND MUFF!  I can't wait for Winter to get here, so my daughter can use it!!
Swirls and Sprinkles: free crochet hand muff pattern
Hand Muff
You may not copy, change, or sell my patterns in part or in whole.  You may sell your finished product, but I ask that you give credit for the pattern by linking back to me.

I would call this size, one size fits most.  It is good for me and my daughter, though I do have small hands.

What you will need:
K hook
Super Bulky Yarn (6) I used Yarn Bee Soft Illusion.
Scissors
Yarn needle



Abbreviations:
ch-chain
st/st's-stitch/stitches
hdc-half double crochet
sc-single crochet
sl st-slip stitch


Ch 23
Row 1: 1 hdc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across.  Ch 1, turn  (22hdc)
Row 2-18: 1 hdc in each st across.  Ch 1, turn.  (22hdc)
Do not fasten off.
Once you have finished your last row, bring your sides together.
Ch 1, sl-st sides together evenly across.
Fasten off and weave in ends

Cord:
Ch 81
Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across.
Slide the cord through the muff (taking care to not twist ch) and join with first sc. 
Fasten off and weave in ends.


5 comments:

  1. It looks so soft and fluffy :-) Thanks for the free pattern.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make this for my grand daughters. It's beautiful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. :) I hope your grand daughters love them as much as my daughter does!

      Delete
  3. My daughter got a beautiful medieval dress for her Christmas with a fluffy trimmed cape! I was thinking a muff would be the perfect thing to make it complete! Your pic has just confirmed it, I'll use some fluffy white and she'll look just like a wee winter princess!! :)

    ReplyDelete