Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What is the magic circle?

I have had a few people ask me about the Magic Circle/ Magic Ring.  Rather than answer in 5 different places, I decided to answer in a post.

"The magic loop, or ring method, is used for beginning a crochet project worked in rounds and produces a small neatly closed hole in the center of the first round. This method can be used for beginning hats, doilies, amigurumi and other projects worked in rounds."  Quote taken from Crochet! Magazine.
There is also a great photo tutorial on the page, if you follow the link.

For those of you, who are much like me, you will need a video to fully grasp the method.  There are a lot of great videos on youtube, but I find user Tjw1963 to be one of the best.  For her video tutorial go HERE.

In addition to this post, I have also started a Resources and Tutorials tab on the blog.  I will add to it from time to time with helpful hints and resources. 

Please, keep the questions coming!  I love being able to assist you on your journey of Crochet.  There is always something new to learn!

2 comments:

  1. Hi..... There is an award for you on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to of never fig this out until the video LOL
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete